Welcome to Republic of Belarus
Ethnographic complex “Mlyn” (“Mill”)
The complex includes four buildings: a steam mill (mlyn), a hut of import workers, a barn (sviran) and a blacksmith shop. The mill was built in 1910 and operated until 1989. In the 1990s, it was restored and became part of the museum complex. Near the mill, theatrical performances with the participation of a Miller...
Read more
Traditions of straw weaving
Students of the folk straw weaving studio “Nathnenne” under the guidance of teachers are engaged not in souvenir work, but in creating exclusively costumes made of straw. Every summer, the children go to the field, where they manually reap rye or wheat, from the stems of which they then create unusual and amazing national costumes....
Read more
Rusalie
In the Lubansky district, the ancient rite of the Rusalie, which appeared in pre-Christian times and symbolizes the end of spring in some Eastern Slavic regions, has been revived. Rusalnaya is called the week after Trinity. According to legend, it is at this time that the mermaids come out of the water and visit the...
Read more
The boulder “Vorotishin krest”
It is located in the village of Kameno, on the picturesque bank of the Vilia River and has long been revered by local residents. The height of the cone-shaped stone is about three meters and is the only one of the so-called Boris stones that is still in its original place. The boulder is decorated...
Read more
Waste heaps
This is the most noticeable attraction of the Soligorsk region, the lilac-purple mountains invariably attract the attention of tourists and often become a place for filming clips, films, TV programs.
Read more
The Logoysky spring in the name of St. Nicholas
The Logoysky spring in the name of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker has been known since ancient times and originates in the bottom of the hill, flowing out from under the ancient church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. People suffering from various diseases come to the spring, which is rich in minerals, especially it helps from...
Read more
Branch of the Belarusfilm Film Studio
The site was opened in 1970. Over the years of its existence, Belarusian and Russian filmmakers have shot many famous films: “Pailinka”, “Little Red Riding Hood”, “Ruins shoot at point-blank range”, “Yemelyan Pugachev”, “Go and see”, “The Last Armored Train”, “Gray Legend”, “Anastasia Slutskaya”, “Man of War”, “Piranha Hunting” and many others.
Read more
Cosmonautics Museum
In 2013, a museum of cosmonautics was created at School No. 2 in Cherven. The main character of the exhibition is pilot-cosmonaut Oleg Novitsky, a native of the city, a former graduate of this school. Oleg Novitsky and his family members have repeatedly visited the museum, handed over to the museum the main exhibits –...
Read more
Monument to Prince Boris
The monument, erected in 2002 in honor of the 900th anniversary of Borisov, has become the «visit-card» of the city. The city owes its appearance to Prince Boris Vseslavich of Polotsk, the son of the legendary Vseslav the Sorcerer. According to the chronicles, in 1102 Вoris founded the city at the confluence of the rivers...
Read more
Church of St. Nicholas in Logoysk
The stone church was built in 1866. In 1907, the icon of the Mother of God, which was considered lost, was returned to Logoysk, which the locals have long revered as miraculous. In the 80s of the twentieth century, the church was painted by icon painters from Sergiev Posad. The altar was decorated with scenes...
Read more