The first yeshiva in Eastern Europe appeared in Volozhin in 1803. The merit of Chaim Volozhiner in this is great. Up to 400 future rabbis studied here at the same time. In 1896, by order of the tsarist authorities, the yeshiva was closed. Unofficially, the training continued until 1939, when the head of the religious school and the last students were captured and then shot by the Nazis. The two-story yeshiva building with an attic has been preserved to this day. In 2000, it was transferred to the Belarusian Jewish community. After the restoration, it is planned to resume training in it.