Church of the Assumption of the Most Holy Theotokos
Assumption Church in Novy Sverzhen village was also built according to Bernardoni project almost simultaneously with the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul church — in 1590. It is believed that the founder of the Orthodox church, as well as the Catholic one, was Nikolai Radziwill Sirotka. The wooden structure burned down, and a stone temple appeared in its place, which has survived to this day. In the first half of the XVIII century, a monastery was organized at the shrine for four monks-teachers and 12 students. It closed after the War of 1812. The Assumption Church became famous for the miraculous icon of the Mother of God. For several centuries it was kept in the church, which became a place of pilgrimage. But in the 1960s, when they decided to close the Assumption Church and move all the valuables to the Stolvtsy, the icon was lost.