Lyadensky Holy Annunciation Monastery
According to legend, the Mother of God, taking pity on the hard work and spiritless life of local residents, appeared to a peasant named Kirik and pointed out the place of construction of the Orthodox church, which was immediately built. At the beginning of the 18th century, the wife of the Minsk voivode Zavisha, Teresa Tyshkevich, who suffered from a serious illness and received healing from the miraculous icon of the Zhirovichi Mother of God, donated a copy of this icon to the Lyadenskaya Church as a sign of gratitude. In 1737, the Marshal of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Count Zawisza, on the occasion of his wife’s illness, gave permission to build a stone church and a monastery building in Lyady. In the early 20s of the twentieth century, the Lyadensky monastery was closed, the monks were evicted. The church operated as a parish until 1939. In the first years of the Great Patriotic War, the church resumed its activities. In 1960, the church was closed. In 1992, with the blessing of Metropolitan Filaret, the official opening of the church in d.Lyady, and two years later the Lyadensky monastery was opened.