House of the Noble Assembly
The building was built in the late 18th century in the classical style, its facade is decorated with four impressive columns and a massive pediment. It was built as a manor house, its first owner was a retired military man, a German by nationality, in the chronicles he is referred to as “pan V. S.”. After his death, Baron Stahl (Stahl or Stael), a Slutsk mayor, who spent the last years of his life in Vilna or Novogrudok, where in 1886 he wrote memoirs about Slutsk 1820-1840, settled here. Probably, after Stal’s departure, the estate passed into the possession of the city authorities and became the house of the noble assembly. Now it houses the Slutsk Museum of Local Lore.