Palace and Park ensemble
It is no exaggeration to call it the tourist mecca of Minsk region. The beginning of its construction dates back to 1583. In the XVII century, 4 defensive towers were erected at the corners of the bastions. Along the main axis there were stone gates with a drawbridge and a 3-storey palace with 8-sided corner turrets. The complex of castle buildings included a two-story economic building, a three-story barracks with a watch tower, a mayor’s house, a bakery, a stable, and a foundry. The construction and reconstruction of the palace and castle ensemble was carried out in the XVI-XIX centuries, so it combines the techniques of medieval architecture with the styles of the late Renaissance, Baroque, classicism and the original art of local masters. During its existence, the castle withstood the sieges of Russian troops in 1655 and 1660, but in 1706 it was taken by the Swedes, who destroyed the castle buildings and bastion fortifications. In the second half of the XVIII – first half of the XIX centuries, the castle was repeatedly besieged by Russian troops (1764, 1768, 1772, 1773, 1812 years). After the events of 1812 the castle was in a neglected state until 1875. Large-scale restoration work began to be carried out only in the last quarter of the XIX-early XX centuries under the leadership of Maria Dorota de Castellan Radziwill. The palace was taken under state protection in 1939. In 2001 The palace ensemble was transferred to the balance of the National Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve “Nesvizh”, restoration work was completed in 2012 and exhibition halls were opened for visitors.