Chapsky manor in Stankovo
The Chapskys ‘ estate in Stankovo. From the estate, which was built in 1880 by order of Emeric von Gutten-Chapsky, only the outbuildings and the so-called “Scarbnitsa”, which once housed one of the most valuable collections of paintings, coins and minerals in Europe, have survived. It once housed a magnificent library and numerous collections of the Count. It was a real museum, which had several rich thematic collections: coins, religious items, weapons, musical instruments, jewelry, armor, medieval maps, Slutsk belts, minerals… At the end of the XIX century, the museum in Stankovo was one of the largest private collections not only in the Russian Empire, but also in all of Europe.